SECRET SQUARES

Monday, March 10, 2008

Secret Squares: The Triumphant Return

Secret Square number one on the ones and twos

We're baaaaack.

The Secret Squares reunited at Manhattan's Hanger Bar on March 1 to celebrate Kim's 27th birthday.

Although I'm going strictly from week-old memory, I can confirm that I went a little remix crazy, and my half of the set list included (in absolutely no order)...

Vampire Weekend - "Walcott (Insane Mix #2)"
Snowden - "Dreams (Stutter Fleetwood Mac remake)"
Wolfmother - "Woman (Mstrkrft remix)"
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - "Y Control (Tommie Sunshine rmx)"
The Stills - "Still in Love Song (12" extended mix)"
The Cure - "Fire in Cairo (Egyptian remix)"
Diplo feat. Peter Bjorn & John - "Young Folks Pussy"
The Gossip - "Careless Whisper" (Wham! cover)
Joy Division - "Digital"
Interpol - "Not Even Jail"
Interpol - "PDA"
The Clash - "This Is Radio Clash"
The Rentals - "Friends of P"
Mary Jane Girls - "In My House"
Prince - "Baby I'm a Star"
New Young Pony Club - "Ice Cream"
Hot Chip - "I Was a Boy from School"
Hot Chip - "Ready for the Floor"
LCD Soundsystem - "No Love Lost" (Joy Division cover)
LCD Soundsystem - "Tribulations"
Pulp - "Misshapes"
Gang of Four - "Damaged Goods"
Rod Stewart - "D'ya Think I'm Sexy"
The Go! Team - "Ladyflash"
Love Is All - "Felt Tip"
The Stooges - "No Fun"

...and many more, but the memories are obscured by a haze of drink.

The Secret Squares prop up the birthday girl

We were in surprisingly decent form given our lengthy layoff, and a great time was had by all. Stay tuned for updates on possible future outings...